Your Financial Gift Changes Lives
Electronic giving is secure, quick and easy.
One-time gifts are simple to set up using a debit or credit card, or from a bank account.
Recurring gifts can be set up on a schedule that works for you, and provide flexibility to track and manage your giving. We discourage the use of credit cards if you will incur debt in the process.
For questions or help with your financial giving, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (513) 813-6331.
Why We Give
Everything we have belongs to God, and we are simply managing those resources while here on earth. Through our tithes and offerings, we demonstrate in a tangible way our love for God and our neighbors. Each year, we ask our members to commit to their tithes and offerings for the coming year in support of our church’s ministry and mission. We do this for three reasons:
- All we have is a gift from God, so we believe that giving to God’s work is an act of worship.
- At Overflow, giving is an expectation of membership. The church does not specify how much an individual should give, but we hope each person will commit a percentage of their income and increase that amount as they are able.
- Annual giving makes possible: worship, programs for children, Bible studies, pastoral care and support, mission trips and community projects.
Our Approach to Giving
- Begin with prayer. Thank God for your blessings and ask for guidance and discernment.
- Assess your income and giving. Determine your current giving as a percentage of your income.
- Set your giving goal. If you are not currently tithing (giving 10 percent of your income), start with a lower percentage and then plan to increase the percentage each year, growing toward the tithe. The important thing is to begin the spiritual discipline of regular, consistent giving.
- Determine your giving method. Take a look at the ways you can give and select the option that is best for you.
- Worship with gratitude. As a congregation, we express our gratitude to God and give, representing our commitment to God’s ministry through our church.
Overflow Church receives your gift for the purposes identified in our appeals. However, if the projects for which the gifts are being received have been fully funded or cannot be completed for reasons beyond our control, the board reserves the right to use such funds for other similar projects.